Monday, April 6, 2009

Entry: The Glass Ballerina [Passion is Infinite]

I'm so glad I learned how to keep my dick in my pants when I did. Because I'm still suffering the consequences of when I did not. I am now embracing the idea of going back to school full time and doing my little part-time bar gigs. I love bartending at several locations because it's more experience and opportunity for me and blah blah, well there's this nice little spot in Montgomery County I went to go fill out an application at.

The bar manager is a gorgeously aged black woman who definitely knows her scotch and I'm SO impressed. She shows me how different brands have this aromatic effervesce in the mouth and in your hands... and it's so great. Our eyes, hands and words playfully flirt and dance during our initial meet and greet.

I'm starting to believe that my problem is I'm attracted to older women.

So she gets my contact info, we arrange to meet for another interview but she ends up calling me a couple days before to reschedule our appointment... but we end up staying on the phone a surprising 20 minutes after the point of the call was made. I'm definitely the cougar's prey now. And I'm not mad about it.

The next interview I race from school and head to the bar. The host asks me if I need assistance, and I tell her I'm there to see Monica, the bar manager and she asks me to have a seat at the bar while she goes to fetch her. While there a female patron walks up and I get a faint sense of reminisce... I know this girl.

Her name is Jasmine... I met her a couple years ago at Bowie State during one of their pointless football games. We hit it off almost immediately, and I foolishly slept with her numerous times without considering how she was falling for me and I remained neutral in my land of emotional indifference. Needless to say, we parted and i never spoke to her again... yet now she stands in all her glory in front of me and she looks a tad annoyed. I suddenly feel kinda bad because even though I'm against telling a woman you love her, and leading her on- I definitely did these things to this girl because I was young and dumb.

Jasmine: What are you doing here?
Me: Oh... um nothing much...what are you doing here?
Jasmine: You're a long way from Capital Hill, don't you think? (I live there)

At this moment- Monica comes from the back of the restaurant and smiles. I'm excited because I can leave this awkward situation adn escape back into the warm smile of this amazing woman... who strikes me the same way
Phylicia Rashād's Claire Huxtable does. And that's when the hot air balloon goes DOWN.

Monica: Hey Sean, I see you've met my daughter, Jasmine...


"By the time you swear you're his,

Shivering and sighing,

And he vows his passion is infinite, undying -
Lady, make note of this: One of you is lying."
-Dorothy Parker

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'