Monday, April 6, 2009

Entry: White Rabbit [Going to get married]


So... lately I've been getting my shit together. And all my friends and associates have been noticing it. I think it's finally time to take this "finding a girlfriend" thing seriously. I mean, I know that I've been talking junk for years saying that I was gonna get a girl while still doing my dirtbag shite, but I'm seriously considering settling, and compromise... I is growing up.

Which means alot to me... seeing how I recently had to admit to myself that I am a [raging] mysoginist... which, in retrospect is probably the reason why I have 200+ R.B.I.'s (sexual escapades for all you non-baseball fans that can't figure out the metaphor) and 4 actual grand slams. (girlfriends)

And I blatantly blame my newfound 'maturity' on the admirable and fundamental relationships I have with certain females that are definitely the polar opposite of the evil, degrading things that I think about women. Senseless shout-out to them now- Taneshia, (who teaches me boundaries and how to bond with a girlfriend) Stephanie,(who continues to amaze me with he self-motivation, honesty, and 'take no-shit attitude) Ashley, (when she knows how to pick up a phone, she proves that girls CAN hang with guys [and it be normal/cool]), Sarah (who shows me how to appreciate a good girl)
and oddly enough even Margarita (who- is living evidence that people can have almost everything in common and still be interesting)...
Now, don't get me wrong- there are other women in my life that make a difference, but these are the ones that can sway my opinions.

So... here I am. Convincing the world that things have changed inside me. One associate in particular took me so seriously that she set me up on a little speed dating venture, which I pretty much kept to myself at first- out of sheer embarrassment. As the day in question crept closer, the awkward feeling that once seemed so thick was now gone and I boldly attended the event. Out of 20 females I met... they all seemed familiar. I could not put my finger on it though. So I dismissed it and immediately left to pursue my homo-erotic casual encounter with Johnny Walker.
The very next week i was set up again with another girl through another friend. I had a great time but that same feeling of familiarity hit me and my smile slowly faded away. Although surprisingly I still managed to have a great time. On the train ride home- I overheard two women talking and then I recognized what it was about all these women. For some odd reason, all these women in the Washington Metropolitan Area seem to act/dress/talk alike. (Well at least the ones I happen to meet non-platonically) I can't take it- in Manhattan you're hit with a myriad of fashions and attitudes-colors and sizes... same as in London or L.A. or even Hampton, Virginia. And not to mention the (hopefully I don't offend you here,) growing similarities of this area and Atlanta- I'm just not sure anymore. And that's me saying, I don't know what to do anymore. I have failed. Or- I can go back to what I did best... and that was R.B.I.'s ...lol. I definitely feel like I've jumped down the rabbit hole and landed in this strange world where how I view the world is upside down and straight-up wrong.

On the flip side- I met an awesome girl the other day that talked to me about the ridges in dimes and quarters...
while sipping Chartreuse and reading my book at a bar in Dupont. Then, ten minutes after she left I was called a breeder, and asked to move to the smaller table.I'm still trying to figure that out, but I got a pretty good idea.

Oh, how I just go off in a tangent. Sara said broaden my search parimeters... i think I will. I mean- they can't all be alike... right?


"Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women."
"I don't know, Ron..."
"Guess what, I do. I know that one day Veronica and I are going to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited." -Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

2 comments:

tammerz22 said...

don't worry, Sean. if all else fails, you'll still have your man dates with me on Sundays. lol btw...were u sippin on some chartreuse when u typed up this particular blog? that story about the monks always gets me.

slwitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'