Monday, October 19, 2009

Par Avion

So if you watched my video, 'The issue with Miss A' then you know there was a girl who asked me to stop contacting her, which I explained was nothing more than ridiculous drunk dials. I promptly removed her number from my phone to prevent THAT from happening. Cold hearted Tony is real ladies and gentlemen and he don't give a fuck.
So I went about on my business, never responded and blah blah. Tweetin and living.

Today I got another letter from her. Among the letter, was some shit I left in her care, school statements, pictures, a key and finally THE 'Thank You' card. Which 'Thank You' card, you ask?

THIS one. (Yes another re-post. SHAMELESS!)


Episode 41: The one with the "Thank You" card.

I may be an asshole, I may be a jerk or asinine at times; I may even be quite ignorant, wait I can go all day with this- The point is I may be a bunch of things, but you can't say that I don't try to be better at first. The ironic thing however, is that often, I can do rather mean/ignorant/brash things in the quest for the action. Case in point, the other week I was discussing with my co-workers about gratitude and appreciation. Somehow, sex entered the discussion and I shared with them a story of an event that took place in February. (You guys would've heard it, but I felt that whatever episode I ended up writing was a lot more interesting. Anyway, here it is. Now, the purpose of me posting an event that happened in Feb. Is because my co-workers and I got into it over was I wrong/right/stupid. I think I was doing something to show APPRECIATION.
Remember that.

One night in Feb, I'm on the phone with Moreno discussing how fine Hoopz from 'Flavor of Love' was. My other line beeps and it's a blast from the past, Roxanne. Now, she was going through a bit of a spat with her boyfriend and although she didn't want to admit it, she wanted a temporary fix. So I pick up and she wants to know if I'd like to come over for some lasagna; since she cooked extra. I live 13 mikes from her, haven't spoke to her in four months...yeah, "she cooked extra", alright. Now, I love Dandu to death, but in the choice between idle conversation and sex- ahem excuse me "lasagna" he loses. So, I hop in the bucket, my ride at the time, and make it to her place where needless to say I did the deed, and had disappointingly had no lasagna. The next day, I was in CVS with my cousin for he was looking for a Valentine's Day card for his girlfriend. I leafed through the different Hallmark "Get Well"s and "Happy Birthday"s until I stumbled across one in particular that read,
"You're AWESOME!!! Thanks for everything!" Now, I personally thought that was sweet in it's own little way especially with the added flair of "especially last night!" that I decided to add in pen under the quote. Throw in my sinlessly amazing smile, and I had to be gold. Hell, maybe a strong candidate for an encore.

I could not BE more wrong.

She opened the card with a playful smile on her face, that slowly vanished upon reading the message. And like a dork, I sat there with this big shit-eating grin...expecting a warm embrace. I instead got a cold shoulder, cold lasagna and a pillow for the couch.

Now, I ask you: Was I wrong?, or was she simply ungrateful?

-------------------
So now, I'm sad because I'm not sure if I should be hurt, or happy because I have a slice of awesomeness from my life back.

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'