Tuesday, November 16, 2010

For Your Consideration...



There used to be a time when real musicians existed.
Ok, that was harsh. But the 90's wasn't only the mecca for hip-hop- it was the era for some of the most unique expression ever in my opinion. It wasn't overly creative, or new- but it was definitely loving.

One of the most overlooked staples of the early nineties and the signature of the whole "Generation X" movement was a little pseudo documentary film called, "Reality Bites" By itself, the movie is GREAT. It's actually Ben Stiller's directorial debut. Anyway...

This song was the lead single of the film's soundtrack. "Stay (I Missed You.)" by Lisa Loeb [& Nine Stories] Enjoy. ...and after you're done, ask yourself have you heard anything recent this touching/simple?

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'