Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Man Behind the Curtain

I'm guilty of a LOT of things.

One of these things is being a great believer. The other is being a powerful deceiver.
Another is my lack of faith in almost everything positive. I have almost fully embraced cynicism, and not that watered down, 'I don't give a fuck' nonsense that my people like to scream out loud in their rap lyrics, tweets, and club Polaroids.

No... true cynicism the kind where I see flowers and immediately begin looking for the funeral. The kind of cynicism that leads me to self-destructive behavior and lack of romantic ambition- like selling sperm. Not because I'm depressed I can't find someone- but because I'm so disgusted at everything that I don't even want to touch a woman let alone make offspring with her.

Maybe it's like George Carlin said.
"Scratch any cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist."

I am disappointed.
I'm disappointed in the music you people allow to run the industry. I'm disappointed in all the 'bad bitches' I'm disappointed in the growing amounts of estrogen discovered in men. I'm disappointed in the over glamorization of mediocrity. I'm disappointed in how truly selfish most people are, and have NO fucking clue how much they are. I'm disappointed that Beyonce is a household name and Nikola Tesla is not. I'm disappointed in the lack of creativity in the world. I'm disappointed that decades of literature and information is at your fingertips, but you'd rather gossip about Tom Cruise's sexuality- or anybody's sexuality these days.

I'm disappointed that I've deceived you all.

I showed you one person on my blogs, and showed you another in person.

That's not fair.
One thing I've always prided myself on was my clarity. I say exactly what I say, and I say what I mean.
But for some reason, you haven't been understanding what I'm saying. This is my fault.

People.
Get off of yourself. Get off of your idols. Get off of that guy that told you you were pretty. Get off that girl that sucks your dick the way you like it, but really doesn't help you grow at all. Stop walking around eyes wide shut and then believing that you were swindled when the truth becomes more apparent to you. Stop being single parents. Stop judging people that make less money than you. Stop feeding off of your parents! That's not YOUR money- that's theirs! Stop saying that weed is harmless because it comes from the Earth. Stop drowning you sorrows in liquor. Definitely stop doing ANYTHING mentioned in current rap songs.  Stop conceding to weakness and failure. Stop worrying about love and worry more about mental expansion. Search for nirvana!

Fail. But fail with dignity! Do things that scare the living shit out of you. Stop telling people what you won't deal with. News flash- Nobody gives a fuck. Surprise some people and step OUT of your comfort zone. Surprise yourself. Remember-It's easy to play hard at practice- on the field you're comfortable in. The true test comes at your performance in a foreign arena. Stop telling people how you feel. Sure, feelings are important. Blah, blah. Feelings aren't brand new, and yours aren't unique to you. But should the world stop spinning because you are under pressure from your job and life?

Stop falling in love with the idea of being in love. Stop loving things and using people. Try it the other way around. Stop settling for the projections people play for you. Start paying attention to the actual person. Stop trying to be a part of the big thing. Be satisfied with the modest thing. Embrace the reality of situations. Realize that no matter how attractive you think you are, at the end of the day you still piss and shit and it smells just as bad as the ugly person down the block. Learn to take criticism.

Learn to know when you should shut the fuck up.



"Oh, Life is bigger. It's bigger- and you, YOU are not ME. The lengths that I will go to, the distance in your eyes. ....Oh no, I've said too much. ...I set it up.
That's me in the corner. That's me in the spotlight, losing my religion. Trying to keep up with you... and I don't know if I can do it.
Oh no I've said too much. I haven't said enough..."

                                                                           -R.E.M.,    'Losing My Religion' 


No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'