Saturday, July 24, 2010

30 days, 30 Letters- Day 2: YOUR CRUSH

Hey you. I’m going to keep this short and simple. I doubt I can be sweet. I think you know that you’re my guilty pleasure. I don’t think anybody in my camp approves of our sporadic trysts. But I never cared. I don’t think you would if I ever told you. 
You’ve always been the ONE girl to playfully dance along the flirtatious boundaries of our relationship, and maybe that was what this relationship needed to survive this long. Lord knows, I don’t need a chance to handle my temptations. 
I think the magnetism between us lies in the similar layers we are made of… the ones we show to certain folk, the ones we show our (in)significant others… and then each other. Has it always been that way? Maybe. I sometimes wonder if you’ll ever forgive me for showing you the true colors of that guy you were seeing when we met. I could’ve done that better. But to me, it felt like… it felt like you were living in silent despair and I had to free you. 
Anyway, I’ll end it here because I know that the true magic of this… union, is what we don’t say.
be good. 

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'