Thursday, July 29, 2010

30 Days, 30 Letters- Day 7: Your Ex-Girlfriend

So... big deal you weren't my girlfriend.
That's kind of my fault ...me with my relationship issues/paranoia... I still remember that morning in the garage when you looked at me so casually disappointed in my blatant avoidance of our inevitable "official" romantic relationship.
I often wonder how things would have played out if I would've answered that question differently.

"Tony, where do you see this relationship going? ...what are we doing?"
"I mean... ain't we just kicking it?"

Yeah... that was the perfect response to that question, after we had been sleeping together and practically spending the majority of our time together for about 3 months. PERFECT. ...I'm not a jackass at all.

I remember that night a couple days before you got married. I kinda sensed you were distant, as we drunkenly screwed around on that damned couch. Something else... costumed as lust. Say something? Yeah, right. You may have been distant then, but nobody knows denial and emotional withdrawal like I do. So yeah. Things went unsaid.
What would things have been like had I answered that question differently?
Man.
There are parts of me that truly think that you could have lasted through all my shit. You were a lot brighter than folk ever gave you credit for, and you never really gave a shit about other folk's opinions... I always liked that. I also loved your uncanny ability to collect haters. You're married and off to places unknown and bitches still hate on your behaviors here. (Especially one in particular) ...sigh.
I always thought about checking up on you and shit...
...but you know how it is.

P.S. I SWEAR I did not know you left my house with your shirt on backwards. I'm not a home wrecker... and I'm really glad you were slick enough to beat that when your man asked you about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wasn't distant, i just realized that would b the last time. Damn, i thought all my dc haters forgot about me. Hi Haters.

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'