Saturday, July 31, 2010

30 days, 30 Letters- Day 9: Someone You Wish You Could Meet

Hey.

Consider this my final chance at anything with you. You, being this possibility that sort of lives between spaces.
This living, breathing, 'what if' that has haunted me for these past 5 years, you are. I tried to get to the bottom of this mystery, as best I could without... upsetting the natural order of things.
But.
So I guess I'm actually addressing this to another possibility. The possibility that you ever find out the truth- IF those possibilities turned out to all work out in this direction. The direction would lead you to come to me. Ya know, despite whatever you hear about me, (and trust me, if you inquire- you WILL hear lots. I'm the king of urban legend.) I'm not a bad guy. Your mother, on the other hand is a horrible human being because I definitely tried.... but... I'm not who she wants me to be. So, as far as you're concerned- I don't exist.

I wish I could meet you now though. I want to look you in your eyes the way my friends and associates have. I want to hear your voice... hear the  intelligent mind people say you have.... the way people who make me toss and turn at night describe with their comments. It sucks because maybe... I don't know. Maybe I could have been better to you than my old man was. However, we'll probably never know.

I... don't think I have anything else to say.

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'