Sunday, July 25, 2010

30 days, 30 Letters- Day 3: YOUR PARENTS

Hello.
I'm thinking I can make this long, revealing and forgiving... but instead I'm going to make it short and blunt.

One of you tries too hard. With everyone/everything... except the shit that matters. With me, I don't honestly think I was ever the type to display how I truly felt, and it annoys me that you cling to silly childhood projections. If I were to tell you the best way to be close with me is to  let me be, would you believe me? Well, it is... especially if I already told you what bugs me about you.
Lately, you've been better, but sometimes it just seems as though you're reaching. Chill out. That's it.

The other... well. You're almost pathetic. For someone that's so withdrawn and mysterious, you're pretty easy to read. You seriously give a whole new definition to self-loathing. It seems as though regardless of how much you tried to make me "better than you" I came out exactly like you. Most professionals call that behavior 'transference.' Well, not exactly. I've found that killing foreigners fills the void in my life. You... well, you sabotage yourself. Have you every stopped to think that maybe...just maybe, things wouldn't be so bad if you weren't your own worst enemy? Depression... maybe that's why you always seem so...lethargic.

What's funny is, I don't really consider this an attack, although that's how it will be perceived-
...and if it is, what would it really change anyway?

Out.

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'