Sunday, August 1, 2010

30 Days, 30 Letters - Day 10: Someone You Don’t Talk to as Much as You’d Like

Aunt Tiffany,

I thoroughly enjoy when we do get to speak to one another. I appreciate people who minister without trying to cast the fear of fire and brimstone over me. (Because that's gonna budge me.) Whenever I ask you something to try to navigate my foggy perception of spirituality you always talk to me in a form that I don't even want to argue with. I'm difficult a tad detached, and drenched in mild cynicism. I think on some level you're aware because you've always caught on to my remarks/jokes even when they're borderline crude. Well maybe I'm not that bad... but no, you've always been very warm, and honest whenever we talk. You're trustworthy, patient and I like that. Especially since I do enormous amounts of bullshitting behind brilliant convincing facades. Conundrums, wrapped in riddles, pretending to be enigmas, armed in Chinese boxes.

I'm really glad my uncle approached you in that parking lot. I don't wanna imagine how things would've turned out otherwise.

Now, if only you would learn your place as a woman and be seen and not heard...
(I couldn't help it.)
-Tesco.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you nephew! I really appreciate your acknowledgement!
And for the record.....I know my place.....sometimes...
Aunt Tiffany

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'