Monday, August 2, 2010

30 days, 30 Letters- Day 11: SOMEONE WHO'S DECEASED

Dear great-grandma, Mama Lee

I'm pretty sure that I didn't turn out the way you expected. I'm not a sweet guy. I turned out to be a cad.

I stopped letting people pick on me. I know you're probably glad for that... but I overdid my attitude adjustment and became a killer.

Sometimes I feel as though if there was a such thing as 'you looking down' on me you might be disappointed in my actions. I must admit I have pissed away a good portion of my life. There was a girl I met a couple years ago, that you would've loved. Most of the girls I've hooked up with- you'd probably spit on them. I miss going to Vacation Bible School with you. In fact, believe it or not... I haven't really enjoyed church since your passing. I don't think your death was the reason- I stopped liking church, I think it's just I didn't really enjoy talking about the message with anyone else. I also miss how you'd call QVC and buy all that CRAP ...just because. If you wanna talk about things I haven't done... I don't eat bananas anymore. They just don't taste the same way they did when you'd cut them up with strawberries on my Corn Flakes.

Something...
I always wanted to say out loud, your death was the first death that would affect my personality.  It was your death that prepared me for the death that came not too long after. ...and it was the both of your passings that awakened me.

I miss you.

-Tesco... no. Love, Sean

P.S. You teaching me how to eat an apple is STILL one of my favorite memories. 

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'