Monday, August 9, 2010

30 days, 30 letters- Day 18: Someone You Wish you could be

I don’t want to be anybody but me. I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished with the shitty hand I was dealt.
However…
There is you, the person who goes unpunished for your theft of what was mine. Listen. 
I’m not a fan of you. Frankly, I think you’re a bit of a dork. I can’t imagine there being anything about you that’s remotely interesting, or original. I surpass you in every fashion. 
However…
There is ONE thing you have that I want… and to tell you the truth, I’m probably the reason you have it. If I were another person who performed the type of typical villainy that you’re familiar with, then I’d probably just take it from you. 
However…
I’m not. 
So there. Despite the fact I am your superior… you have beaten me in the one place it matters, and that’s why I would… maybe… trade places with you. 
So, enjoy your victory…   for now.

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'