Friday, August 20, 2010

30 days, 30 Letters- Day 25: A Person You Know Is Going Through The Worst of Times

note: If you aren't a regular follower of my blogs or twitter, then you couldn't possibly know that one of my closest friends died recently. http://bit.ly/dfqxlP (Hence the interruption of the '30 Days, 30 Letters' with my last blog which was to him. When I started the '30 Days...' I already mapped out who all the letters would go to. However, this one just didn't seem right and I felt I wanted to add another person. so I'm writing to two individuals. You'll see. Thanks. 


Original Letter:




My main man, Spence!


Whatup, G? Shit has sucked for you royally this past year- but you took it in stride and remained a classy dude as you slowly claw your way back to the surface. I only wish you had let me in on the problems, and maybe I could've been more supportive... in my own authoritative, militant way... but what's done is done. I'm so proud of how tough you are. I gotta figure out how I'm gonna scrounge up some funds and hang out with you, but until I do keep your head up, you fuckin' cockaroach. 


-Tesco.






The Alternate Letter:

Oh Bri.


I don't even have anymore words. I've been crying and just beating myself up... but the worst part was seeing you Wednesday night at Irish Times just sitting in the exact stool he sat in just 5 days before... mumbling to yourself over and over, 


"...he was just right here." 


And when I came and sat in the stool next to that one...just as I did with him just 5 days prior... man. UGH. I felt the weight of your burden in that moment. 


And I immediately felt like the weakest man in the universe. 


I just want you to know, that I love ya- and that it will only get better- but it's gonna suck for a while. But like I told you that night... it's not your fault. It's not. 


So please...let's just celebrate his life, and try to cheer up, okay?


Love, me.


Ha. I chose this pic on purpose. We was lovers. LOL.  okay okay... here's a better one. 







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you man. :-)
I miss him so damn much.

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'