Tuesday, January 10, 2012

30 Days/30 Songs. Day 7: A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event

halfcrazy - Musiq (Soulchild)

Unfortunately, I met Cristen. Shit sucks. Because in retrospect I could have saved myself a LOT of embarrassment and frustration.
Although- I'm apathetic (or is it logical?) enough to realize that without Cristen, I never would have been able to do any of the serious, or pseudo-serious dating I've done these last 5 and half years if it weren't for my time with her. So I guess I should chalk it up to a necessary learning experience, huh?

I'm big enough to admit that all of that could have been avoided had I not crossed the line and convinced her that we should attempt a relationship. When we met it was like an unspoken agreement that we were only going to be friends. I, to this day, have no clue how she first perceived me. However, when I first met her, I thought she was cute- but nowhere near cute enough for me to trade all the casual snatch I was tagging in for her.

Funny how crude that sounds, then you realize that only remained true for a couple months. It wasn't long before I was talking to her every day, sharing laughs with her, texting her the most ridiculous oddities and inside jokes.

And then, at her birthday party I saw her leave with some random guy to go fuck him. I felt something I hadn't felt in a while. It made me uncomfortable. Even though up to that point I'd been content in my inane life, I knew quite well what that feeling was. I was jealous.

So I did what any emotional cripple would do. I went and fucked some one else right then and there.
When I returned I'd discover that something was off in you too. You were not pleased at all at my disappearance.

Then came the talk. You were clairvoyant enough to see what the future held if we went down that road. You were hesitant.
Me on the other hand, did like Musiq did in the song.
"I was convinced it would be alright."

...and it was a downhill spiral ever since. Cloud once described us as a 'Fisher Price Sid & Nancy'

...And then this song was released in the midst of all our shit.





...and now, you're married with another kid on the way. We talk what? Once every two months.
Shit.


Title: halfcrazy
Artist: Musiq (soulchild)
Album: Juslisen
Released: May 7, 2002

Buy Here


No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'