Tuesday, January 24, 2012

30 Songs/30 Days. Day 16: A Song that you Used to Love, but now Hate

Diwali Riddim - Steven "Lenky" Marsden

or as YOU may better know it as:

No Letting Go - Wayne Wonder
Never Leave You (Uh Oooh, Uh Oooh) - Lumidee
Get Busy - Sean Paul
Elephant Message - Elephant Man

...and a shit load of other songs

No other song got played more times in 2002-03 more than THIS damn song. I kinda feel shitty complaining about it, because not only did I party to all 20+ renditions of the damn song, but I own a lot of them. (especially the four I just named)

AND I don't know when it happened, but I am sick. and. tired. of hearing that clap clap drum of this fucking song. JUST TIRED.

In retrospect, HOW the hell the American music industry allowed ONE song- not a sample, not an interpolation, but THE EXACT SAME DAMN SONG to not only dominate the charts, but do it disguised as all these other damn songs beyond my scope of comprehension.

But I can't think about it too hard... because like I said:

"I partied to all 20+ renditions of it."

Somebody on YouTube decided to show you what I'm talkin' 'bout.

0:00 : Wayne Wonder - No Letting Go
1:18 : TOK - Galang Gal
2:15 : Elephant Man - Elephant Message
3:41 : Sean Paul - Get Busy
4:25 : Lumidee - Never Leave You (Uh Oooh Uh Oooh)
5:34 : Brick & Lace - Love Is Wicked
6:30 : Crissy D - Make It Real Good
7:08 : Danny English & Eggnog - Party Time
8:20 : Sufferer - Bounty Killer

No comments:

"My dreams were all my own, I accounted to them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed- my dearest pleasure when free." -Mary Shelley; 'Frankenstein' or 'The Modern Prometheus'